Saturday, May 14, 2016

Transgender...

In my new job I meet an amazing array of people. Among my clients I seem to be building a base of LGBT individuals.

Although I am a heterosexual woman, I still find so many commonalities with them, as I do with all my clients. And I don't judge them. All I see is that they are hurting and I hope in my small way I can lessen their pain and teach them ways to cope a bit better.

I ran across this article:
https://baptistnews.com/2016/05/13/seven-things-im-learning-about-transgender-persons/

It seems to be a sensitive thoughtful article. I want to share it so people understand a bit better.

All the controversy over bathrooms in my book, is just ridiculous. As for saying that gender identity issues are "psychological" and can be cured, I disagree. Our mind/body/spirit are entwined, yes, but sometimes we are as we are born.

So much more to learn... but in the meantime, so much more compassion and love is needed.

No comments: