Wednesday, November 27, 2013

6 months into a new journey

In late May I asked my husband of 25 years to leave. June 1st, he moved into his own apartment.

And I stopped blogging because I could not find the words to describe what had gone wrong...

Now 6 months later, I still don't have all the words. I still don't know exactly what went wrong and when it did. But we soldier on. We have thus far remained civil. We have a friendship that will last outside of marriage and legalities. We have been through a lot together in 25 years and now it is time for us to walk our own separate paths.

Whether those paths will cross, merge or diverge is a mystery. All I know is that for our individual salvation, this is the right path at this time.

So I am back to my blog. I don't know if I will ever be able to talk about our separation on here. I doubt it. It is a private relationship, not to be shared in a public forum. Just know that we are OK. We are separate, but we are OK.

No comments: