Sunday, July 22, 2012

Narcissus 1

Your words
cut
slice
burn
sear.

The tone of your voice
which you do not hear
while others do
makes me want to hide,
to duck my head and run.

I wonder what it is
inside of you
that wants to hurt
as much as heal
in this world
we share.

You have no patience
for me or my life.
I am just a shadow
passing by,
a flicker in your mind
and then gone.

You are the sun
I ~ the moon.
I am not to outshine you,
I am only to reflect your glory.
I am to orbit you,
Submissive.
Bowing to your gravity,
I cannot affect more than the tides,
I have no impact upon the light
except to shine it back to you.







4 comments:

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Mary
Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem.
Have a nice start of the new week.

Riona Otonashi Suzumiya said...

Now that I have been reading some of your poems..I really like them...really good work...thought I would share my "liking" by posting you a comment =3

jennyjoseph jenny said...

Hello. This article was really remarkable, particularly because I was searching for thoughts on this issue last week..php training in ahmedabad

Wilma Jordaan said...

O my! This is beautiful! I can relate!