Tuesday, December 6, 2011

At last...

I haven't blogged for a long time. I was so overwhelmed I couldn't find words to express myself. The past 2 years have caught up with me and I grew weary of hearing my own story. When I look back at the blog, I see so much loss, so much grief...

But the tide is turning. I still mourn my lost loved ones but I have turned a corner. I passed my LCSW (licensed clinical social worker) exam. This has been a goal since I returned to grad school back in 2004. I knew then I wanted to be a therapist, and I wanted to earn my LCSW license by the time I turned 50.
Life took a couple of turns and I ended up earning it when I was 51, a year off, but goal achieved!

The hubster is doing really well. He ran a 1/2 marathon and is working part time at the YMCA. We have a 3rd dog, Taz, a blue heeler. He was my brother's dog and has come to stay with us while BB2 travels America in his RV.

We are moved but not totally unpacked, however we are settling in nicely. We have a cozy den lined with books. We have divided the house between cat land and dog world and everyone seems to be dealing well.

I am looking forward to 2012...

1 comment:

beagleAnnie said...

Congratulations on your success on thw exam. You did it!