Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shadows and Shinies


This winter has been long, cold and dark. I have been fighting my depression and anxiety again.
They almost won.
I hate when I get into this state. I have no control, I am irrational and fearful of everything. I am overwhelmed.
I tried to wean off my meds. Big mistake. I became a blithering idiot. I couldn't stop crying. I was afraid of "EVERYTHING".
I would cry and apologize and repeat over and over, "I HATE THIS" to the hubster.
He understands.
He's seen the shadows too.
There have been too many shadows lately. Cancer casts a long, hateful darkness over my family and friends. The Bank looms over our house. The world has seemed pretty bleak.
But there are shinies awaiting. The Bradford pears are blooming. The Redbuds are out. The family next door to where we are moving have a Golden Retriever that looks as if it could be Jake's grandpa.
I am awaiting the coming of spring. And taking my meds again. I can wean off later...

4 comments:

Positive Thoughts said...

See the power of positive thinking within you. Follow my blog and read interesting posts. God bless you. Positive Thoughts

RobintheRidgerunner said...

You can do it do it do it we all some fears at times but always think postive
Bob M

worldamazingfacts said...

very good & u see the power of lights & it gives positive thoughts ..

n.prabhakaran said...

I am awaiting the coming of spring. And taking my meds again. I can wean off later...
really striking is your post