Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Summer that Wasn't...

Its September 1st. How did THAT happen???

This is the summer that wasn't... it wasn't about vacations, shorter workdays, longer evenings, plays at the Arboretum or any of what I usually do during summer.

It was about avoiding heat and the sun. Going from one hospital to another. Sleeping in the middle of the day so we could be awake when it was cooler and darker.

It was about praying alot. For the hubster, my brother, my aunt and my friend all who have/had cancer.

This summer is a blur. I cannot tell you one specific thing I did. But I achieved a lot it seems. Yet it was not very satisfying as a lot of it was putting out fires and shuffling papers.

I did get to eat corn and tomatoes, I did get to the farm 2 times. I have read a lot but retained very little. Time was way off for me. I lived some days on 4 hour increments waiting for the next time to feed or give medicine. There is so much I should have/could have/would have done, but I didn't...
I don't know why other than it was a strange summer when time either flew or drug out miserably...


I waited and prayed more than ever in my life. I decided that this was either Hell or Limbo and I am still out on which exactly it is.

But now that September is here, maybe it will change, maybe good news is around the corner, maybe the heat will dissipate and it will cool down. Maybe I can go back to work and the hubster will begin to eat food again.

Maybe the doldrums are ending...

1 comment:

Katie! said...

Sending you and your hubster all the love I have to spare and then some. You have been an incredible force this summer, a woman of such strength and love. I am proud of you for surviving it and impressed, as always, by the grace with which you do everything. Be it Hell, Limbo, or just Summer, you make it brighter, safer, and more lovely just being present.