Wednesday, July 22, 2009

3 for today

Today I am grateful for family. Having a family who sticks with me no matter what is my greatest blessing.

I know because I work with broken, wounded, failing families daily. I see what happens when bitterness strikes and chasms open forcing families to fall apart.

So I am very grateful for my family that sustains me and pulls together across the miles to help each other.

I am grateful for my job. In the world where people are losing jobs daily, still searching for a job or in fear of losing their job, I have a job I love. Although it is hard and stressful and exhausting, there are some victories and some days I actually make a difference. Plus I get paid. That helps too,

I am grateful for rain. It rained today, and the world became softer, quieter, calmer.

All in all, I am grateful for these things and more.

No comments: