Thursday, April 2, 2009

VACA!!!!

I am going on vacation starting tomorrow. This doesn't mean I won't be blogging. I will be and probably posting pics too!

First is a trip home. No matter where you take me, home is still the small farm town I grew up in, Summer Shade. Lovely name, lovely place, lovely memories...
Tomorrow night I have an 8th grade reunion. About 20 or 25 of us went all through grade school together but I moved right before high school and lost touch with a lot of them. So for the first time in 35 years I will see the group that grew up with me. I am very excited about this event.
The next day FAMILY REUNION!!!!
I am a rare bird in that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family and never get to see them enough. So we are all gathering at the family farm to celebrate BB2 coming home from Colorado, the official adoption of my great #8 who will make the 5th generation of the family to live on this land, and just to get together for a happy time instead of a funeral. I cannot imagine a better way to kick off a vacation.

After hanging with the family I am heading to the mountain or more specifically Cedar Hill Retreat Center. I have been away far too long from this holy place. I used to go there nearly every weekend in grad school and it kept me centered and sane. I now need that centering and sanity restored. I love my work, but it requires so much of me. I have poured myself out and emptied my soul, it is time to fill it and re-create me.
I am ready to rest and relax...

1 comment:

timmyB said...

That sounds great! Enjoy your VACA. I'm on one right now too. I have a big, broken, sprawling family spread out over three counties in Kentucky. Seeing everyone takes lots of time and gas...and juggling of schedules and feelings.

But I did take time out to hit Louisville for the Humana Festival of New American Plays. I have three more shows in the works for this weekend.

Hugs

T