Sunday, October 26, 2008

Greats 5, 6, 7 & 8

I have had the best time EVER this month meeting my newest great nieces. They are beautiful and wondrous girls! First up is Molly Girl (not to be confused with Molly Dawg). Molly Girl is less furry and much smaller but probably poops just as much! Molly Girl wasn't actually named after Molly Dawg. She was named after her grandmother. That's the official story. I will however tell her she was named after my dawg.


Anyway I got to see Molly Girl and her BBs (big bro's: greats 5& 6).
They are VERY lively! They give GaGa and Papa (my sister and bro in law) a run for the money!
But they are so adorable. Ages 4,2, and 7 months...
Baby Paul has potential as a stand up comedian. He has the art of the rubber chicken down!

My nephew got smart. He named his new baby Kayla. Not a name that any of my animals have! So I will have to think of some other tall tale for her!
Great # 8 Kayla is brand spanking new ~ not even a month yet!!! I got to feed her and change her diaper. Being the incredibly polite child she is she only made liquid and did not subject Great Aunt to foul odors! She is going to be a stunner too!




I remember when the parents of the greats were this little. I was only 10 when Mark and Debbie were born. I remember feeding them, changing their diapers. I remember how precious and miraculous they seemed. Now they are adults. They have children of their own. They have become fine upstanding citizens. I am immensely proud of them. I missed so much of their growing up into adults. I left for New York when they were just becoming teenagers. When I came back they were adults. It was a little strange. There is a part of me that will always see them as precious and miraculous. Because they still are. They have passed that on to their children. I see them passing on the love that has trickled down for generations. From my parents to my siblings, to them to their children. All the greats amaze me. I am doubly blessed. My nieces and nephew are some of the best parents I know. They are doing hard work really well. I am proud of them for carrying on the family legacy of love and integrity.

1 comment:

Katie! said...

BEAUTIFUL. Congrats to you and your family!