Friday, August 15, 2008

Out of my comfort zone

My supervisor wanted me to take on some harder cases to "get out of the comfort zone".
I am out of it by a long way...
For example:

* I called the police on a domestic violence incident and now the family is mad at me because I made trouble...

* I have been pushed and shoved by a therapy client

* I am the person referring a kiddo to a year long residential program because of the severity of kiddo's problems...

*I was in a residence w/ an angry parent (angry at me) out the back door: 2 pit bulls, out the front door, angrier significant other, stomping around me, angry parent, I held my keys and phone, said my say, noted the window exits and got out ASAP.

I go to a high school to check out a client, and a cop is sitting in the lobby. This is apparently his job...


Ah the life of a social worker...

1 comment:

Alykat said...

Sad, stressful week! But you can do it!!! I have faith that you can handle anything, superwoman!