Friday, May 9, 2008

Long, long week

Well. It has been a long week. Lots of meetings. Lots of my kiddo's having really rough times. Welcome to the world of a mental health worker! It ain't all sunshine and lollipops after all...
However there have been some wonderful moments. I have witnessed significant breakthroughs. I have seen one of my kiddos make a joke; first time ever which signifies brain development! A sense of humor means a new neural pathway is in place!
I got my Amazon order with new texts so I can start to learn even more about the mysterious world of childhood.

On the home front, Molly Dawg hopped up the ramp! And wagged her tail repeatedly! Her new meds are great and so far no sign of inappetite or nausea which would signal liver problems...
We had a lovely rainy day and I got to fall asleep to the sound of rain falling which is one of my favorite ways EVER to fall asleep.
The poppies bloomed. They are gorgeous this year. The peonies are budded and ready to explode next.
I got awesome new shoes. Bob ran and ran and ran; a dream he has been working on for while now. I am so very proud of him.
All in all, a long week but with enough good times that I can say, it really is worth it.

No comments: